Tuesday, January 29, 2008

To You

So many times have I longed to look at your face and see LOVE in your eyes. But unfortunately, that time never did come, and it probably never will. So many months have I spent, hoping that the moment would come wherein “YOU” and “ME” would become “US”, when there would be one thought and feeling to bind us together. But as I stare into your eyes and search for my portrait, I see another face in your subconscious.

Many silent moments have I spent thinking of you, and I would then realize how hard it is to forget what I feel for you. You already are so much a part of me. Many times have I sought the opportunity to express how I feel, but my heart would retreat to its own dark corner, for the simple reason that your heart belongs to someone else. The fact that our paths have crossed just isn’t enough – we could not reach a common destination. If only we could walk side by side, hand in hand, we could go anywhere we want, and arrive at anyplace we please.

For now, it is as though the further we go, the closer we become. I guess I should be content with what I have, because a true and lasting friendship is priceless, far better than a limited love. LOVE IS SACRIFICING… Now I know the true meaning of these words. If at all I should LOVE… and LET GO… my soul would still whisper that I LOVE YOU SO…

------------------------------------------------------

written on a cold winter night... Sukagawa 2006...

No comments: