Sunday, March 30, 2008

Summer's Here

Temperatures have reached fever-high levels the past couple of days. It's so hot that I find it highly uncomfortable to stay in my room from noon, all throughout the afternoon. I seek the relief of having breezes blowing around me as I sit on the rocking chair on our patio, where I promptly start devouring a new novel or doze off until going up to my room is tolerable once again. And I bet our neighbor's Halo-Halo business is booming. Nothing beats a cold drink on a hot summer afternoon, and my mom and I frequently find ourselves marching up next door to purchase a glass of cold relief for our parched throats. I wish the heat would let up soon, but that's just wishful thinking for sure. *sigh* I'm starting to miss cold Japanese winters...

No comments: