Friday, February 22, 2008

Left Behind

Choices… try as you may to avoid them, they always have to be made at one point or another. And it’s funny how one choice that you make could speak so much of what’s really on your head… of what your priorities are.

Everything has been going great for you. We’ve never anticipated such things to happen, but they did. And I’m happy for you. I truly am. You deserve every good thing that’s coming your way simply because of how good a person you are. And I am so proud of you.

But despite this, I have this all-too-familiar feeling of loneliness starting to clutch my being. I feel overshadowed. And while it’s true that you never fail to tell me that you love me, I can’t help but feel all the more alone.

You are slipping away… far beyond my reach. I am so afraid that there would come a time when you would already be out of sight. To where I could no longer hold you… to where I could no longer see you. You are not turning away but everything seems to be conspiring to pull you away from me. And they just might succeed.

Along with my fear is a nagging uncertainty… Do you need me because you love me? Or do you love me because you need me? If the latter is true then I know that sometime soon, I would no longer be of use to you. There are people and circumstances that can provide your wants and needs much better than I could. Your hopes and dreams are coming true. While I am starting to blend in with the walls. I’m fading away. And you’re letting me…

And I feel the bitter cold creeping its way up to me, as I am being left behind…

No comments: